This position is ideal for the creative, detail-oriented interior design professional who will provide interior design and drawings for the design and implementation of construction projects nationwide. This position is full-time in our Portsmouth, NH office.
- Follow assigned projects from schematic design through implementation, working with design team to select and specify materials/finishes, lighting, and furnishings.
- Job will involve managing more than one design project at a time.
- Assist with furniture and material ordering, research, and selections, including the development of full finish boards for client review.
- Review construction documents for design intent, finish specifications, lighting, and power/data requirements.
- Perform various design functions including interviewing, programming, design analysis, space planning and layouts.
- Serve as liaison between Element’s interior design team and furniture dealers to ensure successful implementation of furniture for build projects.
- Coordinate furniture installations and punch list items with Element project managers and general contractors.
- Work directly with client during the design review process and throughout duration of projects.
- Produce and modify detailed architectural drawings to meet aggressive project deadlines.
- Perform various services associated with the construction phase, including field visits, responding to Requests for Information (RFIs), and reviewing shop drawings.
- Participate in design and project meetings and coordinating efforts with team members for seamless crossover between design, construction, and architectural services.
- Translate architectural plans from 2D to 3D drawings.
- Participate in weekly status/progress meetings to review and provide updates for projects.
- Establish effective working relationships with all functional units of the Company, customers, and colleagues
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and MS Office (Work and Excel)
- Revit, Sketchup and 3D modeling software experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills throughout all project phases
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills as well as detail oriented
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of current technologies and stays abreast of emerging technology trends and solutions
- Team oriented, self-motivated, and able to work independently
Education and Certifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an interior design field.
- Five (5) years’ experience as interior designer.