assistant project manager
Provide support to the Design and Implementation Teams throughout all phases of construction projects nationwide.
Essential job functions or duties of this position are as follows:
- Work directly with design and project management team members, from the planning phase through construction close out.
- Assist with the planning and scheduling of detailed project timelines, job scheduling, subcontractor communication, and oversight of all project documentation.
- Monitor project deliverables and maintain files using available project management and reporting tools.
- Assist with coordinating design project and pre-construction meetings to provide support in all areas of project management.
- Support project management team during permitting, bid administration, pre-construction, construction, and closeout phases.
- Work directly with lighting, millwork, furniture, signage, and any other vendors throughout design and implementation phases – ordering through installation.
- Coordinate punch lists, project close-out documentation, and post-construction meetings.
Serve as liaison between Element’s interior design team and furniture dealers to ensure successful implementation of furniture for build projects.
- Coordinate the procurement of furniture with vendors based on furniture plans and drawings and participate in weekly status meetings to review and provide updates for furniture projects.
- Coordinate furniture installations and outstanding punch list items with Element project managers and general contractors.
Knowledge & Skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and documentation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills throughout all project phases
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong initiative and problem-solving abilities
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Time management skills, with the ability to handle various responsibilities while meeting strict deadlines
- Team oriented, self-motivated, and able to work independently
Education & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a construction project management-related field (Construction Science, Construction Management) is required.
- Solid understanding of construction details, building codes, and building materials and methods.